Basic training part 4
Perhaps this should have been part 1 of my training pages, but here it is now...
Another fundamental thing to understand is the differnece between cover and concealment. Yes, I know this seems too simple for many of you, but it doesn't hurt to go over it again.
Here it is in the most basic form:
- Cover is something that will protect you from incoming fire.
- Concealment is something that hides you from being seen.
Here are some examples:
- A rock
- A rise in the ground between you and the enemy
- A 'foxhole' [if you are inside it:) ]
- A leafy branch between you and the enemy.
Many things can provide both cover and concealment. But it is important to be able to distinguish one from the other, both for your own well being, and so that you can accurately report your situation to your team leader.